- Either the individual, controlling business owner (51 percent) or the majority of equally-shared partnership members must be honorably discharged from a branch of the U.S. Military (U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Coast Guard) Form DDF214 is required to be submitted.
- Limited to residents of the United States
- You must complete the online application and attach your business idea in PDF format
- The business plan can apply to all industries, notwithstanding any illegal business practice.
- You must consent to a background check if selected as a finalist for the purpose of prequalifying the business for funding
Use of Conference Materials: The EO Veterans Business Battle reserves the right to use any material prepared for the competition in publicizing and promoting the event. EO Houston may use these materials in any printed materials and any videotape or other medium that it may produce. EO Houston may videotape any portion of the competition and utilize these tapes in any way that its sees fit.
Entry Fees: The EO Veterans Business Battle does not have an entry fee.
Changes to Competition Rules: While not anticipated, these rules and prizes are subject to change at the discretion of EO Houston at any time. EO Houston has the right to interpret these rules according to its own judgment.
Decisions regarding the competition and the winners: All decisions regarding the competition rules, procedures, and processes are at the sole discretion of EO Houston/Veterans in Business Association. Changes and/or interpretations of these rules may be made by EO Houston/Veterans in Business Association at any time, even though they may be (or may appear to be) in conflict some previously published information. The selection of the teams to compete and the decision of the winners are at the sole discretion of the judges and EO Houston/Veterans in Business Association. Best efforts will be made to make decisions in accordance with the Official Rules document.